|Southern Pacific Lines in 1918.|
Meanwhile, the Southern Pacific itself was going through changes. In 1901, the Union Pacific Railroad became the majority shareholder, though the company remained separate. By 1913, the UPRR was forced to sell of its shares of the SPC due to monopoly practices. By 1957, steam engines were completely replaced with diesel engines. 1984 saw the merger of the SPC and Santa Fe Industries under the new name Southern Pacific Corporation. This was only short-lived, though, as in 1996, the Union Pacific Railroad finally was able to merge in the entire Southern Pacific and ended the franchise's life for good. Technically, the UP merged into the SPCorp, but the SPCorp then changed its name to UP and has retained that name ever since.
The Boulder Creek Branch operated under the name Felton & Pescadero RR throughout much of its life and can be found under that section.