|W.S. Rodgers survey map of Boulder Creek, 1905. (Courtesy University of California, Santa Cruz digital collection)|
|Close-up of the Boulder Creek Trestle as its heads north, from|
larger photograph of Boulder Creek freight yard.
(Courtesy Bruce MacGregor, A Centennial)
The majority of the Dougherty line was pulled up around 1917 after its use to sell tracts of land in and around the mill sites was finished. Presumably, the trestles were also removed around this time. Curiously, though, the auto bridge to Old Bear Creek Road, which provides access to the subdivision mentioned above, sits directly atop the original site of the Bear Creek Trestle. This trestle was not repurposed, but the gap it left in the properties here was obviously reused to allow vehicle traffic to the subdivision. How locals accessed the subdivision prior to that is unknown since Rodger's map does not show such a bridge. Homes sit atop the right-of-way along this entire section and there appears to be no remnant of the Dougherty line visible here. The path of the right-of-way continued on the east bank of the river and follows roughly the western properties along Huckleberry Lane until that road turns away from the river.