|Map showing the general location of the End-of-Track Logging Camp|
How long the track remained at the headwaters of the San Lorenzo River may never be known, but the track was removed no later than the middle of 1917 when the entire Dougherty Extension Railroad was lifted for sale as scrap metal. The railroad ties were left in the ballast and mud to rot over the subsequent century. Today, the ties have all but disappeared under the rotting foliage of the forest. The path of the right-of-way still survives in parts, though the logging camp was likely near the river bed and, therefore, has been washed out over the past 100 years. It was located at the division of the San Lorenzo River within Castle Rock State Park, off of an old access route named Beekhius Road, which doubles as the Toll Road Trail. This may have been a connecting road between the logging camp and Saratoga Toll Road or even the primary route. Since the precise location of the camp is not known, its current status can only be guessed at.
- Rick Hamman, California Central Coast Railways (Santa Cruz, CA: Otter B Books, 2002).