|Sanborn map of Pacific Grove, showing the freight yard and station, 1905.|
|The entrance to Pacific Grove, c. 1900. (Mayo Hayes O'Donnell Research Library)|
|The Pacific Grove freight yard with the remains of the Bodfish Dairy at the top right (in 1906, a baseball diamond). The|
depot itself is obscured at the far right. The Loma Prieta Lumber Company piles are in the foreground. (Pat Hathaway)
|Pacific Grove station on a moderately busy day, c. 1905. (Pat Hathaway)|
|The lightly-used depot on July 14, 1947. (Wilbur C. Whittaker)|
|The depot after undergoing minor renovations, April 2, 1950. (Wilbur C. Whittaker)|
Official Railroad Information:
|Pacific Grove Depot, April 28, 1940. (Wilbur C. Whittaker)|
Geo-Coordinates & Access Rights:
|A train at Pacific Grove station, 1937. (Wilbur C. Whittaker)|
The site of Pacific Grove Station is everything between Ocean View Boulevard and Del Monte Boulevard along the unnamed residential access road which acts as the trunk of the Monarch Pines Mobile Home Park. The depot site itself is to the left of Briggs Avenue on the south side as it crosses this road. All the area is now private residences and trespassing is prohibited, although the streets can be freely accessed.
Citations & Credits:
- Beebe, Lucius. The Central Pacific and the Southern Pacific Railroads.
- Seavey, Kent. Images of America: Pacific Grove.